Teatro dell'Opera di Roma
"Roma Opera Aperta" CARACALLA - estate 2018
Dal 27 luglio al 4 agosto
- Production: Teatro dell'Opera di Roma
- Music director: David Levi
- Direction and choreography: Giuliano Peparini
- Set design: Lucia D'angelo e Cristina Querzola
- Costumes: Frédéric Olivier
- Video design: Albin Rosa e Thomas Besson – D / Labs
- Light designer: Jean-Michel Désiré
- Main interpreters: Susanna Salvi Claudio Cocino/ Vittoria Valerio Michele Satriano
- Orchestra and dance body of the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma
It is not a conventional adaptation of the bourgeois tragedy of William Shakespeare, on the notes of Sergei Prokofiev, the new Romeo and Juliet by Giuliano Peparini, his language moves away from common patterns: his vision of ballet is a combination of classic and contemporary.
In this new exhibition created for the ballet of the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma, directed by Eleonora Abbagnato - on stage for the first time at the Baths of Caracalla from 27 July to 4 August - there are also the children of the School of Dance, the virtuous acrobats, the étoile Alessandra Amato in the role of La Morte, the guest Vittoria Valerio soloist of the Teatro alla Scala in Milan and the first dancers Susanna Salvi and Claudio Cocino.
The masterpiece of William Shakespeare is among the most represented stories of all time, is the love story par excellence, according to some a tragedy of destiny. All the directors and choreographers, in their versions, have paid a lot of attention to the music and theater structure of the ballet structured in scenes based on two eternal concepts: love and violence.
In this new creation by Peparini, the magnificent and at the same time sober atmosphere, "more cinematic than theatrical", is entrusted to the scenes of Lucia D'Angelo and Cristina Querzola.
Master David Levi direct the Orchestra of the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma.